The FT8304/FR8304 fiber transmitter and receiver provide the ability to transmit up to four composite video channels over one optical fiber.
Features of the FT8304/FR8304 fiber optic transmission system include the following:
• 8-bit digitally encoded video for high-quality multichannel video transmission over a single fiber
• Multimode fiber support for distances up to 2 km (1.2 mi)
• Single-mode fiber support for distances up to 30 km (18.6 mi)
• Exceeds all requirements for the RS-250C Medium-Haul Transmission specification
• 12 VDC or 24 VAC power supply
• Compatible with NTSC, PAL, and SECAM video standards
• Meets NEMA TS 2 and Caltrans traffic signal control equipment standards for ambient operating temperature, mechanical shock and vibration, humidity with condensation, high-line/low-line voltage conditions, and transient voltage protection NOTE: Conformal coating is required for operation in environments with relative humidity above 95% (condensing).
• No performance adjustments required
• Stand-alone and rack-mountable modular design
• LED indicators for monitoring of signal status, laser status, and operating power The FT8304 transmitter/FR8304 receiver is a Class 1 laser product that complies with FDA radiation performance standard 21CFR Subchapter J and with IEC 60825-1 Edition 1.2, 2001-08.